If God is for us, who can be against us! Romans 8:31
Vic has put together the March diary to pray for the youth of Furness Deanery.
Thought for the month from Tommy
Let’s be honest. Being a Christian isn’t always easy. Some would even say it is harder to be a Christian sometimes. We suffer, we experience hard times and pain. But is this God punishing us? No, I don’t believe it is. I believe it is God trying to wake us up! Trying to awaken us from this world and to acknowledge Him and seek to be with Him. In the book The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren quotes C.S. Lewis and says “Pain is God’s megaphone. It is God’s way of arousing us from spiritual lethargy. Your problems are not punishment; they are wake-up calls from God.” He wants us to wake up! To be awake together with Him in an intimate friendship.
Prayer Diary March 2016
Vic Sekasi has put together the latest Youth Prayer Diary, February 2016 .
Her latest letter is full of news and some call for personal prayer. Her Father is suffering from a personality changing dementia and Tommy’s Dad has a rare condition which has caused his aorta to expand to double the normal size with surgery required down the road. Health issues are never easy so pray for healing and God’s hand to open doors in these difficult times.
Some highlights from January, with the remainder of this directly from Vic:
- Building a team to organise the annual youth weekend away. It was great to hear all the amazing feedback from the young people from last year and then to see how great and committed the leadership team is to enabling the young people to explore the Christian faith.
- Being involved with Meeting Point (youth group in Broughton). We had a great leaders meeting this term followed by a great quiz. I loved seeing the leaders and young people having fun together and being competitive.
- It was great to see Charlie again. We had a great time catching up and also we went to see Lexi (one of the young people in hospital with anorexia). Do pray for Lexi as she has had a difficult month and has had a blip and lost weight again.
- We had some amazing testimonies at EMPOWER. It was great to hear how God had rescued 2 teenage girls from depression and suicide.
- We had a great opportunity to go into John Ruskin school in Coniston and do an assembly on BIG Questions. We got the whole school to write down a question – If God did exist what would you ask? We then started a club the following Thursday and had 16 turn up from every age group. We are using their questions to theme the club.
- Tommy led a great session on family at NJOY which was quite challenging for me never mind the young people. It’s exciting to see his gifts develop and grow.
In February we are looking forward to:
- Seeing some of the young people from the Youth alpha course we helped run at Low Furness get confirmed in Urswick. Do pray for Lily & Daniel
- A relaxing break ;-).
- Seeing the Big Questions at Coniston develop
- Thwaites Youth as we haven’t met yet since Christmas!
- Preparing ourselves spiritually as we go into the season of lent
Can you also pray for UVHS and Millom as they haven’t got back to me about the emails I’ve sent about lessons and prayer spaces.
Thanks again for all your prayers.
Vic (& Tommy)
Furness Network Youth Minister
At the end of yesterday’s talk, everyone gave and received the following blessing:
Receive the blessing of Christ. Know that Christ is with you always. Let the love of Christ fill you. Know the power of God in all your ways. Walk in the promised land.
We are redeemed people. Accept the blessing. Let us surrender to Christ.