Calling all families! Christmas eve, 4pm our Youth Worker Charlie Day will lead a celebration of Christingle at St Andrew’s church.
Dare Holland will lead a late evening communion service at 11 pm the 24th taking us to midnight. Christmas morning worship begins at 10 am on the 25th with the Rev David Bickersteth leading a service of Common Worship Holy Communion.
Morning services on Sunday the 24th are being held in the Methodist chapel at 11 am.
Saturday, 21 January, 9:30 to 1:30 p.m. at Ulverston Parish Church
Kevin Roberts, Director of Resource, will be leading.
Whether you have been a Christian for a long time or are searching for meaning and purpose in life, the Holy Spirit is the key to new birth, growth and renewal.
A new session of taster evenings for the month of June are being offered throughout Cumbria for this highly popular course:
Workington venue: Wednesday 17th June 2015, 7.30pm, Energus Building, Lillyhall, Workington. CA14 4JW
Carlisle venue: Monday 22nd June 2015, 7.30pm Fusehill Street Site, University of Cumbria. CA1 2HH
Kendal venue: Thursday 25th June 2015, 7.30pm Queen Katherine School, Appleby Road, Kendal. LA9 6PJ
More information can be obtained from the flyer below:
Flyer for Called to Serve
Saturday, 8 November, 2014, Venue to be confirmed
Save the Date!
The day will be for all those interested in vocation. It will seek to address vocation across the board. It will include, lay and ordained, formal and informal expressions of Christian ministry.
- The main contributions to the day will be led by Bishop Robert and will explore vocation and mission.
- The venue will be in the South of Cumbria, but is still being arranged.
- It will include refreshments and will finish about 2.30pm
- There will be opportunities to explore in groups different forms of ministry and what they might mean.
Please register your interest now in your local parish church to reserve a place on the day!
The following opportunities at Rydal are open for reflection, advent and Christmas:
28 November: Space and Silence Day for Advent with Dr Jonathan Pye
9 to 13 December: Advent Retreat with Rev Jane Maycock
23 to 27 December – A simple Christmas at Rydal Hall
Sunday, 29 September, 10:30 a.m., St. Andrew’s Church
Joint service with St. Luke’s Church in the morning followed by all hands on deck in the Institute. An afternoon of community cooking will result in a Harvest Supper for all at 6:30 p.m.
How many ways can you celebrate?:
1. Bring produce, meat and staples to the Institute on Saturday and Sunday a.m.
2. Attend the service
3. Help cook Sunday afternoon if you can
4. Attend the dinner!
5. Deliver ready meals on Monday
Everyone has a Harvest! Contact Linda on 41777 for information.
2013 Holy Week Services and Events will be updated at the following link. Here is a brief list:
Wednesday, 27 March
- 12:00, Prayer and Praise, St. Andrew’s Church, Coniston
Thursday, 28 March, Maundy Thursday
- 9:15 Easter Assembly at Coniston C.E. Primary School
- 19:00 Chapel Meal and Communion Service at Coniston Methodist Church
Friday, 29 March, Good Friday
- 11:00 Good Friday Service, St. Andrew’s Church, Coniston
- 7:30 a.m., Sunrise service at Coniston Boating Centre, followed by bacon butties at the Blue Bird Cafe
- 9:00 a.m., C.W. Holy Communion, St. Luke’s Church, Torver
- 11:00 a.m., C.W. Holy Communion, St. Andrew’s Church, Coniston
Tuesdays, 12:00 to 12:30 p.m., St. Andrew’s Church
This is a short service of 30 minutes at mid-day from 12 to 12:30. We sing, we pray, we proclaim, we meditate. This service is where you can just be. A refreshing mid-day encounter with God.