Looking to round out your Easter holiday? Here’s what’s happening in Coniston faith communities this week-end.
Saturday 22 April
6 p.m. mass, St Francis of Assisi church of the Sacred Heart, Coniston
Sunday 23 April
10:30 a.m., Coniston Christian Fellowship, Coniston Primary School
11 a.m., Worship for All, St. Andrew’s Church Coniston. Peter will be straying from the lectionary to speak about a subject which has special meaning for him. Clare is on the keyboard/organ and Pamela is leading.
11 a.m., Methodist Chapel, Coniston, morning service. All welcome.
6 p.m. Cafe Church, Coniston Institute. Join John Watters, a biker with the CMA, who will be sharing his journey of faith. An informal service. Enjoy a feast of cakes to fortify you after a day of climbing.
Here is the latest info for what is going on in Coniston, Cumbria for Holy Week:
- Fair Trade Coffee Morning, St. Andrew’s Church, Coniston 10:30 to noon, Wednesday, 12 April, 2017
- Open Prayer Space, St. Andrew’s Church, Coniston 10:30 to noon, Wednesday.
- Prayer & Praise, St. Andrew’s Church, Coniston 12 noon, Wednesday.
- Maundy Thursday, Methodist Chapel, Coniston, Service and Bring & Share Supper, 7 p.m., Thursday, 13 April 2017
- Good Friday, Walk of Witness, Old Hawkshead Road at Coniston Church Yard, 11 a.m., Friday, 14 April, 2017
- Easter Sunday, Sunrise Service, 7:30 a.m., Lake Shore by Bluebird Cafe, followed by bacon butties at cafe.
- Easter Sunday, Celebrate Easter at St. Lukes Torver 9 a.m.; Christian Fellowship 10:30 a.m. Coniston Primary School; Methodist Chapel, Coniston, 11 a.m.; St. Andrew’s Coniston 11 a.m.;
We welcome all to participate in the events leading up to the greatest day on the Christian calendar. Blessings to you all!
Cafe Church, Sunday 26 March 2017, Coniston Institute.
Come and hear our Youth Leader, Charlie Day, tell us his story.
Refresh yourself at 6 p.m. with coffee and cakes along the way.
Charlie Day, Youth Leader for Coniston and Torver
Renewal for mission in the power of the Holy Spirit
Friday, 10 and Saturday 11 March, 2017, led by Kevin & Anne Roberts
- 7 to 9 p.m., Friday the 10th March, Fresh Encounters with the Spirit
- 10 to 12:30 p.m., Saturday the 11th of March, Going deeper with the Spirit
- 1:30 to 4 p.m., Saturday the 11th of March, Wrestling with the Spirit
£5 per session or £10 for all three. St. Paul’s Church, Barrow in Furness LA14 4HD
See Poster Here
2 p.m., Friday, 3 March, The Sacred Heart Church, All Welcome!
Saturday, 21 January, 9:30 to 1:30 p.m. at Ulverston Parish Church
Kevin Roberts, Director of Resource, will be leading.
Whether you have been a Christian for a long time or are searching for meaning and purpose in life, the Holy Spirit is the key to new birth, growth and renewal.
Two events are planned by New Wine for early 2017:
- Women at the Well, Saturday 28 January, 2017, 10 to 4 p.m. St. Mary’s Church Allithwaite.
A Time of worship, teaching and ministry for women.
Bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Landmark, 29 April to 1 May’17 Ripley ST Thomas CE Academy Lancaster.
An opportunity to experience God in worship, prayer and praise through teaching and ministry. There will be two adult venues, with a wide range of seminars, with youth and children’s groups throughout the weekend.
Calling all Coniston and Torver parishioners. You are invited to Brockwood Hall.
Date: Friday, 6 January
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A day to dream together in harmony
Please contact Peter (details on mobile web-site) if you are planning to attend.
Download the full programme running from November 2016 to March 2017 here:
Something for every taste including retreats, Maranatha yoga taster sessions, Contemplative love and Living with Mystics.